By Jennifer Essary
• There is no school Monday in observance of Columbus Day.
• School Board will meet Monday night at 7pm.
• This is Homecoming week.
• Picture retakes are Oct. 28.
• Junior Carnival will be Oct. 29.
New Bronco on the block
Colton Tucker Pimpsner was born Oct. 1st at 9:30 p.m. He weighed in at seven pounds, 15 ounces, and was 20 inches long. Proud parents are Floyd’s own secretary, Melissa, and her husband Dan Pimpsner, and big sister Tori.
Homecoming and spirit week
Spirit week kicks off Tuesday. This years theme is inspired by different board games.
• Tuesday: Risk. Dress up in Army gear!
• Wednesday: Clue. Dress as a character or color of a character
• Thursday: Memory. Two people dress alike.
• Friday: True Colors. Wear red, white and blue.
The Homecoming bonfire will be Friday night.
Everyone is welcome to attend. Festivities begin with a hayride for the athletes at 6 p.m., followed at approximately 7 p.m. with a bonfire on the east end of the school (by the ag shop) and hot chocolate. Homecoming games will be Saturday.
Football: Saturday, Floyd versus Clovis Christian, homecoming. Junior high plays at 11 a.m., varsity at 1:30 p.m.
Volleyball: Tuesday, JH/JV/V versus Ft. Sumner at Floyd; Thursday, JH/JV/V Elida at Floyd
Report card night
Oct. 21 will be Report card night. School will let out at 1:30 p.m. that day. Parents should come to school from 6-8 p.m. to pick up report cards and visit with teachers.
Jennifer Essary can be reached at 478-2846 or email@example.com