WASHINGTON — U.S. Rep. Tom Udall, D-N.M., submitted a funding request totaling $50.9 million to the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Military Quality of Life and Veterans Affairs for Cannon Air Force Base, according to a press release from his office.
Udall submitted the following requests to the subcommittee:
• $14.2 million — Consolidated communications facility
• $5.6 million — Munitions storage area upgrade
• $13.9 million —Operations group/maintenance group complex
• $9.7 million — Civil engineer operations facility
• $7.5 million — Library/education center
The House and Senate will begin work on the 13 annual appropriations bills later this summer.