• To donate items for the hurricane-displaced families now in Baker, La., children’s clothes and diapers, toys, books, crayons and coloring books, teddy bears and dolls, towels, washcloths, soap and items for personal hygiene, T-shirts for all sizes and ages are received at the North Plains Mall in Clovis, Roosevelt General Hospital in Portales, and at the Friona hospital.
• To donate money to the Red Cross, go to the Zia Service Center on 108 W. Second St., the Salvation Army Thrift Store on 301 E. Second St., or to the Salvation Army Family Service Store on 301 E. Second St., next to the thrift store, all in Clovis.
• To donate cash to the Red Cross via the New Mexico State Parks, call (888) NMPARKS or log onto www.nmparks.com
• To donate food and money to the Eastern New Mexico Food Bank, go to 108 W. Second Street in Clovis or call 763-6130. Drop-off points for food donations are Albertson’s, S&S, Stansell’s and Wal-Mart in Clovis, and Super Save in Portales. Non-perishable items including paper goods, cleaning supplies, bottled water (no glass containers), pull top cans, single-serving snacks (Pop-Tarts, cereal bars, etc.), heat and eat foods and MREs are accepted.
• To enroll hurricane-affected students at Eastern New Mexico University, call 1-800-FOR-ENMU or e-mail email@example.com or call Wendel Sloan at 562-2253 or e-mail at Wendel.Sloan@enmu.edu
• To donate to the relief efforts while on the ENMU campus, visit the Administration Building. There will be two jars located in front of the cashiers’ office in the Administration Building. Make checks payable to “American Red Cross” and in the memo area write “Katrina Relief.” All of the cash and checks will go directly to the “Katrina Relief” as stated by the manager, Sue McCloud, of the Zia Chapter of the American Red Cross in Clovis. The deadline for all monetary donations will be 5 p.m. Monday. Information: Diana Cordova at 562-4914.
• For information or to offer assistance to displaced families heading for Baker, La., call Sheriff Roger Hatcher at 760-5007 or e-mail Pam@PamAtherton.com
• To help make quilts to be shipped to victims of Hurricane Katrina, show up at 5 p.m. Friday and/or 8 a.m. Saturday at the Clovis-Carver Public Library. Information: Judy Matthews at 769-8072.