By Bryant Million: PNT Staff Writer
The Roosevelt County Commissioners are considering a new heating and air conditioning system in the county courthouse to replace the building’s 30-year-old one.
Commissioners gave County Administrator Charlene Hardin approval during their meeting Tuesday morning to submit a loan application to New Mexico Finance Authority to begin the process to secure funds.
Although Hardin was unable to provide a cost estimate for a new system, she said installation will take quite a while because all the piping throughout the building will need to be replaced.
She said it is difficult for the current equipment to heat and cool the large courthouse building and the system has undergone frequent maintenance.
Hardin could not say when the project would begin because she is just starting the process.
The county council also performed the following actions:
• Approved use of the Village of Roy’s contract with Spreader Services to provide surface treatment to county roads.
• Approved a plan to install 20-foot-wide pipeline easements that will cut across three county roads in order to discharge effluent water from Dairy Concepts out to land near the Portales Municipal Airport.
• Approved a bid to buy the Milnesand Fire Department a new fire truck at a cost of $394,198 from AAA Firepro Inc. of Clovis.
• Approved an agreement for the New Mexico Department of Tourism to grant $4,000 to the county in order to help fund litter control, graffiti cleanup, beautification and recycling under the New Mexico Litter Control and Beautification Act.
• Approved a proposal for Larry Boreing, a Magistrate Court probation officer for Roosevelt County, to provide misdemeanor compliance services for the county.
• Renewed an agreement for Roosevelt County to pay $85 per day for each of its juvenile detainees to be incarcerated at the Lea County Detention Center in Lovington.
• Renewed a contract with Michael Miller to provide legislative consulting services for Roosevelt County as a lobbyist for one year.
• Renewed the contract for Stephen Doerr and Randy Knudson to provide county attorney services for one year.
• Renewed a professional services agreement in which Triadic Enterprises will provide the county with software and services for the county treasurer and assessor.
• Approved a property Quit Claim Deed to Charles Bennett, allowing him to control access to a gravel pit he owns.