By Joan Clayton
Today is a special day. You are alive! This day comes with blue skies, revealing fluffy clouds that play hide and seek. This gift comes wrapped in sunshine and is displayed in sparkling colors. You are presented multiple bouquets of flowers while the trees clap their hands, demanding an encore.
Music accompanies the production. Various notes from our feathered friends provide numerous sounds, thrilling and warming the heart. The heavenly concert begins. All that is required is your presence, be it in a swing, a front porch chair or a morning walk. Getting alone with God in his morning theater is spectacular. The only ticket for the show is a listening heart. You will find beauty in ordinary things, and peace in extraordinary circumstances, the “peace that passes all understanding.” (Philippians 4:7)
For those who seek him, God will impart his wisdom. What a lift for the troubled soul! The secret of a successful day is opening your gift of today from God. This present is attached to ribbons of joy with sunbeams that burst with life. The curtain opens with surging energy and joy!
What a wondrous day to begin your day! “Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.” I read this statement from a periodical and it was signed, “from an 83-year old lady.” I’m with her. How many of us hear the music of life but never really dance?
So many things in this God-given life makes my heart dance. When my husband holds me tight, my heart dances. Proverbs 30:19 call it “Something hard to understand … the way a man and woman fall in love.”
The mockingbird’s song warms my heart. Ex-students greet me with a hug. Many of those are teachers themselves now and I am blessed. Their loving faces still remain in my book of memories … and my heart dances.
So many things remind me that life is “delicious,” and it is the best day of my life because I am alive. I’ve made a list to be happy today. Will you join me?
1. Live in the joy of today, not the mistakes of yesterday or the worries of tomorrow.
2. Today is the day to enjoy and love your children. They are growing up.
3. Today is the day to give your wife flowers.
4. Today is the day to appreciate nature and its beauty … the smell of a summer rain, the smell of new mown hay or a lawn.
5. Today is the day to express admiration to someone you have long admired.
6. Today is the day to forgive all wrongs. Forgiving frees you from the prison of “misery.”
7. Today is the day to bless someone else. I challenge you. You cannot out give God.
8. Today is the day to be thankful for things money cannot buy.
9. Today is the day to make a new friend.
10. Today is the day to say, “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24 NIV).
Whatever situation you may be in, you still have the choice of your attitude.
It’s easy to praise God in the good times. The same God will bring you through in the not-so-good times. If there were no losses, there would be no gains. If there were no crosses, there would be no crowns.
Something to conquer would not have conquerors.
The God of this universe will never leave nor forsake his child. Through his son, eternal life has been given for those who will accept it.
Today is God’s gift to you, wrapped in love and it’s the best day of your life!