By Casey Peacock: PNT Staff Writer
Gayle Richerson has been hired as the new Director of Patient Care at Roosevelt General Hospital. The announcement was made during the monthly meeting of the board that was held on Friday.
“I’m not just directing nurses, but making sure every patient gets the maximum care possible,” Richerson said.
Employed at RGH as a registered nurse in the operating room for the past two years, Richerson comes to the job with 40 years of nursing experience. She was previously the director of nursing at the Muleshoe Hospital and at the Retirement Ranch in Clovis. She has also held supervisory positions over the years, she said.
“She (Gayle) comes with a great deal of experience and we believe she will do an excellent job of taking care of our patients,” RGH Administrator James D’Agostino said.
“I enjoy what I do. I find challenges a joy and there’s plenty of them (in the job). I feel like I can make a difference, not only for the patients but the employees,” Richerson said.
In other business:
• A profit of $150,000 was reported for the month.
• Nine Intensive Care Unit patients were housed at RGH
• The second group of nurses are currently in Lubbock for critical care training
• Construction has begun on the area that will house the new MRI machine. Estimated completion for the project is 10 weeks.
• Roosevelt General Hospital received $250,000 in funding from the New Mexico Legislature.
• The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners program received $20,000 in funding.