The following is a sampling of calls received by Portales police dispatchers over the last week. According to the reports:
• At 7:48 p.m. a package store clerk on South Avenue D reported a female came into the store and reported being raped. According to a police spokesman, officers took a report but no charges have been filed.
• At 9:52 p.m. a caller reported a vehicle on South Main had been broken into and a stereo stolen.
• At 1:30 a.m. a resident at Bernallio Hall reported a vehicle burglary.
• At 3:08 a.m. a caller reported their house on North Avon had been broken into.
• At 7:13 a.m. a caller reported several calves had been stolen the night before on N.M. 202.
• At 2:22 p.m. a caller reported damage to an unoccupied house and some items stolen on N.M. 267.
• At 5:12 p.m. a caller in Broadmoor Acres reported she could hear noises inside her house on her return and she feared an intruder was inside.
• At 1:53 a.m. a caller reported someone had thrown something from a vehicle at another vehicle on North Avenue L. An individual then jumped out and slashed a tire on the vehicle.
• At 3:01 a.m. a caller on North Chicago reported the theft of a vehicle. He later called police to report theft of a laptop computer as well.
• At 2:47 p.m. a caller reported a one-vehicle rollover on N.M. 202.
• At 8:09 p.m. a caller on South Avenue H reported damage to a door at their home and an apparent break-in.
• At 8:34 p.m. a caller on South Avenue G reported a home had been broken into.
• At 4:58 p.m. a caller on West 16th Lane reported a house burglary.
• At 7:18 p.m. a caller on South Avenue E reported an open door across the street and a possible burglary.
• At 7:56 a.m. an accident blocking traffic was reported at First Street and Chicago Avenue. No injuries were noted.
• At 12:59 p.m. a two-vehicle accident with injuries was reported on U.S. 70 in front of Roosevelt General Hospital.
• At 6:32 p.m. a structure fire was reported at 608 E. Second.
• At 6:57 p.m. a woman came into the police station to report a stab wound to her buttocks.
• At 2:36 p.m. an officer requested a case number for a forgery.
• At 7 p.m. an auto accident was reported at the intersection of U.S. 70 and South Roosevelt Road U.
• At 9:41 p.m. officers took a report of an assault and battery at an address on South Boulder.