The following is a sampling of calls received by Portales Police Dispatchers during the past week:
• At 6:36 p.m., a caller reported shots fired south of his house and that his house had been struck in the Highlands area.
• At 7:02 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious vehicle parked about 75 yards from his house with the lights turned off in the area of NM 260.
• At 2:23 a.m., a caller reported someone had stolen her sleep medication from the 1000 block of E. Amazon.
• At 6:28 a.m., a caller reported a burglar alarm had been set off in the 200 block of South Avenue C.
• At 5:22 p.m., a caller reported her house had been egged in the 300 block of East 11th Street.
• At 6:25 p.m., a caller reported that a 1-year-old had been bitten by a dog in the 801 Housing.
• At 7:18 a.m., a caller reported that a stray pit bull had killed two emus in the area of N.M. 88.
• At 11:26 a.m., a caller reported that aluminum had been stolen from the area of US 70.
• At 8:50 p.m., a caller reported that it looked like someone was trying to steal fuel from the county road department yard in Floyd.
• At 11:53 p.m., a caller reported someone parked in the alley behind their house in the 400 block of West University.
• At 4:58 a.m., a caller reported that someone kept ringing his doorbell in the 800 block of S. Avenue A.
• At 5:08 p.m., a caller reported illegal calf dumping in the area of S. Roosevelt Road T.
• At 5:28 p.m., a caller reported that a customer had their purse stolen from a business in the 1600 block of West Spruce.
• At 8:22 p.m., a caller reported that a suspicious male subject was hanging around outside her residence in the vicinity of Indian Hills Apache road.