PNT Staff Report
Adopting a Roosevelt County Youth Resource Team will be one topic discussed at Monday evening’s Portales Municipal Schools Board meeting.
The issue was first discussed during a board meeting last fall, but was postponed for further research.
According to the Board of Education, the Youth Resource Team is designed to address school truancy and the district’s at-risk youth.
“This would just be another way to attempt to provide assistance to students who may need more than what we are able to offer at this point,” PMS Superintendent Randy Fowler said. “(We also want) to get more community resources involved.”
A similar program was instituted in Curry County and Portales school officials are in the process of evaluating the success of Clovis’ team.
Other items on Monday’s agenda:
• Recognition of area spelling bee winners
• Presentation of school data from Brown and Steiner Elementary Schools
• Two budget adjustment requests
• Report on the PMS finance department
• Announcement of the 2009 Excellence for Student Achievement Award