March 18, 1947

The Mesa school district, which last operated in 1945 with one teacher, was officially consolidated with the Floyd district by the State Board of Education in Santa Fe. Fifteen students from the Mesa school would now be transported to Floyd. Until two years earlier, the grade school students stayed at Mesa while the high school students went to Floyd.