Freedom New Mexico
PORTALES — Eastern New Mexico University junior wide receiver Jesse Poku has been named to the All-Lone Star Conference South Division first team in football.
Poku, from Murphy, Texas, caught nearly eight passes per game and led NCAA Division II in receptions and yards per game for much of the season.
The Greyhounds (3-8) had a pair of second-team choices on defense in senior linebackers Ed Zamora of San Antonio and Texavier Henry of Perland, Texas. They finished 2-3 in the conference in tackles, while Henry also tied for second in the LSC in forced fumbles with three.
Named honorable mention from ENMU were:
• sophomore quarterback J.J. Harp of Argyle, Texas;
• sophomore wide receiver Arvin Jackson of Houston;
• sophomore placekicker-punter Taylor Cannon of Los Lunas;
• junior linebacker Nathan Uland of Denton, Texas; junior
• cornerback Rodney Mitchell of Sarasota, Fla.;
• and junior offensive lineman Karleton Graves of Brownwood, Texas.
Meantime, Uland and Graves were selected to the LSC South All-Academic Team, while senior outside linebacker Devin Sweet of Clovis and junior offensive tackle Mark Pena of Houston were named to the commissioner’s honor role.