Freedom New Mexico
The Eastern New Mexico University Board of Regents met Friday at the ENMU-Ruidoso campus. According to ENMU President Steven Gamble, the board:
• Elected new officers. Regent Marshall Stinnett is president, Regent Chad Lydick is vice president and Student Regent Robert Wachter is secretary/treasurer.
• Approved administrator emeritus status for Dwight Rogers of ENMU-Roswell.
• Heard Gamble announce his goals for 2010. These are strengthening student success and academic culture, enhancing ENMU’s relationship with external organizations and people it might serve, reviewing and strengthening the financial situation, strengthening the Roswell and Ruidoso campuses, updating campus facilities and facilitating the efforts the vice presidents, the athletic director and their staffs to attain their goals.
• Approved the fiscal year 2008-2009 audit. The university received the overall highest rating of “low risk.”
• Heard about training Portales campus employees provided for Ruidoso campus personnel.
• Met in executive session to discuss three personnel issues, but took no action.