A sampling of recent calls received by Portales dispatch, according to call logs:
• At noon, two females got into a fight at a school in the 200 block of South Knoxville Avenue.
• At 4:16 p.m., a caller reported in the area of Gum and Avenue B said a car had run into a fence and the driver was slumped over the wheel. An ambulance and police units were dispatched.
• At 4:48 p.m., a caller in the 400 block of North Main reported a green four-door Lincoln car parked at the gas pumps and a subject was panhandling for gas money. An officer was dispatched.
• About 6 p.m., in the 1900 block of South Avenue I, a caller requested an officer because a male in a large green car circled her earlier in the day and yelled things in Spanish at her. The caller said when she got home, the same subject parked outside her apartment and did not get out of the vehicle. She said the vehicle left when her boyfriend went outside.
• About 7:10 p.m., a caller in the 1600 block of Avenue D requested a deputy because a customer broke a window on an employee’s car and drove away.
• About 11:20 a.m., a doctor came to the Law Enforcement Center and requested to speak to an officer regarding a patient saying threatening things about a family member.
• About 8:49 p.m., a caller in the 300 block of San Juan Court requested an officer, saying his roommate was trying to tip the refrigerator over on top of him.
• About 10:07 a.m., a caller reported a grass fire was in progress west of the sale barn on N.M. 206.
• About 7:07 p.m., a caller in the 100 block of Highlands requested a deputy because people on a four-wheeler drove by and shot at her dog in her yard.
• About 7:15 p.m., in the 700 block of Wylie Cox Circle, a caller requested an officer because a relative had come to his house and harassed him for pain medication to get high.
• About 9:04 a.m., in the 200 block of South Avenue I, a caller reported what sounded like screams coming from an apartment in the area.
• About 7:26 p.m., in the 1400 block of Globe Street, a caller reported graffiti on the school.
• About 12:33 p.m., in the 200 block of South Roosevelt Road A, a caller requested an ambulance because a female was bitten by a small brown and green snake.
• About 3:08 p.m., on N.M. 88, a caller said he saw a dark vehicle, a person and gun in a ditch.
• About 5:06 p.m., a caller at Roosevelt General Hospital reported an assault on a girl at a school on Third Street.