During their meeting Tuesday the Roosevelt County Commission:
• Unanimously approved an ordinance requiring police to give two warning citations to owners of dogs and cats running loose before citing them into court, unless the animal was threatening people or livestock, or damaging property. The issue was tabled last month.
• Approved the preliminary plat for the 12-parcel Farm Town Subdivision on South Roosevelt Road 6. Art Schaap is the subdivider, and Denver Collins is the developer. Both live in the county.
• Approved fire fund distribution applications for Arch and Milnesand volunteer fire departments.
• Heard County Manager Charlene Hardin say she plans to travel to Colorado next week to get paperwork and an official agreement to obtain a barn for the county fairgrounds. A gravel company had offered the barn for free to an entity that would haul it away, but negotiations stalled. The county now has a verbal agreement that it can have the barn.
• Heard Road Department Supervisor Ricky Lovato say his department plans to repair the caliche and chip seal on Roosevelt Road Y between N.M. 267 and N.M. 236 this summer.
• Toured the Roosevelt County Detention Center after the meeting.
Compiled by PNT Senior Writer Argen Duncan.