A sample of recent calls received by Portales dispatch:
• At 4:53 p.m., a caller in the 1600 block of South Roosevelt Road 4 requested a deputy as two pit bulls were sitting beside or tied to a fence and appeared to be injured.
• At 6:39 p.m., a caller reported a trailer being towed northbound on U.S. 70 from N.M. 202 on its rims because it had no tires.
• At 11:14 p.m., in the 1600 block of South Globe Street, a caller requested an ambulance as a female on scene has been deprived of oxygen and has visible injuries to her neck.
• At 4:14 a.m., a caller in the area of 300 North Industrial Drive reported someone had pulled a gun on her husband approximately 20 minutes earlier.
• At 1:33 p.m., a caller in the 100 block of North Avenue I said someone in Lubbock was telling her to report to Portales the welfare concern she has for her children. The children were in Lubbock with their father, and he was not answering the phone.
• At 8 p.m., a caller in the 400 block of North Avenue K reported her water heater caught fire.
• At 1:02 p.m., a caller in the 300 Block of West Second Street reported that he had lost a saddle somewhere in town.
• At 2:08 p.m., a caller in the 1500 block of Avenue A reported her house was broken into.
• At 2:24 p.m., a caller reported a grass fire in the area of U.S. 70.
• At 7:04 p.m., a caller in the 200 block of Rose Street reported juveniles playing in the trash container in the alley.
• At 10:47 a.m. in the 2300 block of West 18th Street, a caller reported a semitrailer driver fell off his truck face first and was confused and lethargic. The caller requested an ambulance.