A sampling of calls received by Roosevelt County dispatchers, according to call logs:
• At 11:44 a.m., a caller in the 1200 block of North Avenue N Place reported a stolen motor bike.
• At 4:10 p.m., a caller in the 600 block of South Avenue D reported a 2-year-old had fallen out of a shopping cart.
• At 6:15 p.m., a caller in the 1200 block of New Mexico Place requested an ambulance for a choking child. The caller then hung up.
• At 7:26 p.m., a caller in the 1300 block of New Mexico Place requested an officer as his wife was hitting him. The officer requested a case number for battery of a household member.
• At 9:39 p.m., a walk-up in the south lobby of the Police Department requested an officer as she had been assaulted.
• At 8:51 p.m., a caller in the 1200 block of West Ivy requested an officer as her father was in the attic and was threatening to burn down the house.
• At 3:17 a.m., in the 1000 block of South Chicago, officers were requested for a burglary.
• At 9:44 p.m., in the area of Roosevelt Road T and Roosevelt Road 4 1/2, a caller reported two small children playing in the roadway.
• At 5:56 a.m., in the 1500 block of North Avenue L, a caller reported a 5-month-old child was choking.
• At 9:38 a.m., a caller reported code violations in the 200 block of East 10th. There is also a burned mobile home in which children like to play. The caller said it was unsafe for children.
• At 11:27 a.m., a third-party caller in the 800 block of East Brazos was calling for a woman crying and wanting help.
• At 9:22 p.m., in the 1200 block of West Ivy, a caller reported that her stepfather was hitting her and her 3-year-old brother.
• At 12:30 a.m., a female in the 500 block of North Avenue C was concerned for her godfather’s welfare because the girl living in his house threatens him.
• At 12:47 a.m., a caller in the area of N.M. 235 and Roosevelt Road L came into town advising he saw a truck with a male slumped over the wheel.