• ENMU welcomed a new assistant art professor from Pennsylvania. Brad Hamann just graduated from Marywood University in Pennsylvania and moved to Portales Aug. 8 from New York to teach digital illustration.
• Bond D yard signs are now available in the ENMU administration building. If Bond D is passed, ENMU will get $7 million. For more information, call Wendel Sloan at 562-2253.
• ENMU has switched to Pepsi in all of it’s vending machines. The new contract lasts eight years with annual reviews for improvements. College officials said Pepsi offered the most attractive bid for ENMU, and hired a local company to stock the vending machines.
• ENMU mascots Vic and Tory were recently featured on the cover of CG Magazine’s fall 2010 issue. The 11-page article tells of the dog’s journey through the adoption process, the local media attention, and their current living conditions. Many pictures are featured along with names of the handlers.
• Deputy cabinet secretary for New Mexico Economic Development Department and ENMU graduate Toni Balzano was interviewed as a homecoming feature during Gov. Richardson’s recent visit. Balzano said her numerous duties include overseeing job creation and recruitment for rural New Mexico and business and community development.
Balzano also manages the New Mexico MainStreet program, the state Film Office, the Job Training Incentive Program of which she is the chairperson, and she coordinates the marketing and communications for the department.
See the rest of ENMU news online at http://www.enmu.edu/about/mmemo