Freedom New Mexico
Roosevelt County deputies have arrested two people on charges of stealing copper wire from Yucca Telecom, according to a news release from the Roosevelt County Sheriff’s Office.
Jade Blossom, 30, and Tara Loveall, 24, both of Portales, are charged with burglary and conspiracy, both fourth-degree felonies. The last arrest was made Wednesday.
According to the release:
• About 5:20 p.m. on Saturday, a deputy saw Blossom walk out of the Yucca warehouse and load a box into a blue Saturn with Loveall sitting in the driver’s compartment.
• The deputy attempted to speak with the pair, but the car left and made several turns through the area.
• The deputy later stopped the Saturn. The occupants denied being in the building and said the vehicle had been broken down.
• After identifying both subjects, the deputy returned to the warehouse and found the front door ajar. He entered the building and saw boxes similar to those in the vehicle stacked next to the door.
• Deputies found the suspects again. A Yucca manager identified the property in their car as the company’s.
• Deputies obtained a search warrant and retrieved the boxes.
• Blossom and Loveall were arrested and as of Thursday evening, were in the Roosevelt County Detention Center on a $20,000 cash-only bond each.