Club notes — Jan. 16

P.E.O. Sisterhood

P.E.O. Sisterhood was founded by seven college friends on Jan. 21, 1869, at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, and is a philanthropic and educational organization interested in bringing to women increased opportunities for higher education.

There are 71 chapters in New Mexico and three in Clovis. Chapter AY of Clovis was organized in 1974.

Chapter AY will be hosting a Founder’s Day luncheon for all three Clovis chapters— G, AB and AY — on Jan. 22 at First United Methodist Church in Clovis to celebrate P.E.O.’s origins.

Chapter AY is proud to announce the initiation of four new members for the year: Gladys Birdsong, Linda Waller, Kay Shaw and Ann Shuckman.

One of Chapter AY’s educational gifts are new book donations in memory of Virginia Lee to Clovis-Carver Public Library

Information: www.peointernational.org.

—Submitted by P.E.O. Sisterhood