Emergency grazing authorized

Emergency grazing of Conservation Reserve Program acreage has been authorized for Curry County through Sept. 30 because of drought conditions, according to a news release from the U.S. Farm Service Agency.

Participants must leave at least 25 percent of each field or contiguous CRP fields ungrazed for wildlife. According to the release, CRP participants in Curry County should contact the Curry FSA County Office to request emergency grazing on an individual basis before grazing.

Authorized producers may use the CRP acreage for their own livestock or grant another livestock producer the use, according to the release.

Information: Vall the Curry County FSA Office at 762-4769 or visit www.fsa.usda.gov.