Recent cases in Roosevelt County Magistrate Court, according to court records:
• Christopher Lewis, born in 1985, pleaded no contest to shoplifting as per a plea agreement. Lewis was sentenced to 72 days in jail with 72 days of pre-sentence confinement credit and $73 in fines and fees.
• Brandon Hightower, born in 1984, pleaded not guilty to possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana, tampering with evidence, careless driving, open container and obstructing a peace officer. A jury found Hightower guilty of all charges.
Hightower was sentenced to 14 days in jail, 727 days of supervised probation and $776 in fines and fees.
• Lyndsey N. Norvell, born in 1991, pleaded no contest to shoplifting. Norvell was sentenced to 182 days of supervised probation and $123 in fines and fees.
• Koby Smith, born in 1983, pleaded guilty to a first offense of DWI, amended from the charge of a first offense of aggravated DWI for refusing chemical testing. Charges of failure to yield at an intersection and renewal of registration were dismissed as per a plea agreement.
Smith was sentenced to 364 days of supervised probation and $541 in fines and fees.
• Justin Shipley, born in 1984, pleaded guilty to having animals at large. Shipley’s sentence was deferred for 90 days with conditions, and Shipley was ordered to pay $73 in fine and fees.