I found an interesting take on salsa recently.
It looks healthy and easy, as long as you don’t mind washing food processors or blenders. The recipe comes from www.tasteofhome.com, from a collection of recipes we have permission to print.
Fresh peach salsa
• 4 medium peaches, peeled and pitted
• 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
• 1/2 sweet onion, cut into wedges
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
• 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
• 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• Baked tortilla chip scoops
In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the chiles, vinegar, lime juice and pepper; cover and pulse just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; chill until serving. Serve with chips.
Yield: 4 cups; 16 servings.
According to the Taste of Home website, Shawna Laufer of Ft. Myers, Fla., submitted the recipe. Laufer wrote that the salsa goes well with grilled chicken or fish.