OK, this ice cream pie isn’t especially healthy, but it looks unique and very tasty.
It’s also supposed to take only 15 minutes to make, plus time freezing unattended.
I recommend finding someone to share the pie with and not making it too often.
Again, the recipe is from www.tasteofhome.com and reprinted with permission. From Kimberly West of Prairieville, La., it’s also a contest winner with Taste of Home.
Chocolate-cherry ice cream pie
• 1 bottle (7 1/4 ounces) chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping, divided
• 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
• 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
• 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
• 2 packages (1 1/2 ounces each) peanut butter cups, chopped
Following package directions, drizzle half of the ice cream topping over crust; gently spread to coat bottom and sides. Freeze until firm.
Meanwhile, set aside six cherries for garnish; chop remaining cherries. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chopped cherries. Spread into prepared crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups; drizzle with remaining ice cream topping.
Garnish with reserved cherries. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings.