Ballots for the March 6 Portales municipal election are on their way, according to Portales City Clerk Joan Martinez-Terry.
“We confirmed the ballots yesterday,” Martinez-Terry said Friday. “Jan. 31 is the first day I mail out ballots and Feb. 15 is the first day they (voters) can come into city hall.”
Martinez-Terry said absentee voters can already call city hall to request applications to vote, but she cannot mail ballots until Jan. 31.
She said she recommends absentee voters beginning their voting process as early as possible to ensure their ballot is returned by 7 p.m. March 6, because they must request an application then return it to city hall to receive their ballot.
The following is the schedule for the Municipal Election voting:
- Early voting: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. from Feb. 15 to March 2 at Portales City Hall.
- Absentee voting: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. from Jan. 31 to March 6 (have until 7 p.m. on March 6).
- Election day: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. March 6 at the Memorial Building.
- Last day absentee ballots can be mailed to voters: March 2.
- For information, call the city clerk at 356-6662.