PORTALES, N.M. — Since taking over as head football coach at Eastern New Mexico University, about a month and a half ago, Josh Lynn and his staff have been relentless in their attempts to add talent to their roster, signing a number of skilled athletes to National Letters of Intent. In addition to a number of returning All-Lone Star Conference players, Lynn will look to a strong group of newcomers to elevate the Hounds in the LSC standings.
- Dustin Breeze (OL, 6-6, 310, Belen, N.M./Belen HS) was a highly decorated player for BHS as a senior lineman. He earned first team all-district and first team all-metro, with both honors coming on the offensive and defensive lines.
- A.J. Canales (FS, 6-2, 180, El Paso, Texas/Canutillo HS) was selected All-District 2-4A and was the Defensive Most Valuable Player. He also garnered all-city honors and played in the All-Star game.
- Jeremy Hathcock (OL, 6-2, 275, Aztec, N.M./Aztec HS) earned second team all-state honors on the offensive line. He also was selected to the AAAA/AAAAA All-Star game.
- Cody Jurek (OT/DT, 6-3, 300, Gonzales, Texas/Gonzales HS) was a three-time all-district selection at offensive tackle and twice on the defensive line. As a senior, he garnered second team all-state honors from the Associated Press and Texas State Writers Association.
- Idarious Ray (OL/DL, 6-6, 335, Amarillo, Texas/Palo Duro HS) is described by the ENMU coaching staff as an offensive tackle with a big frame and excellent footwork. The staff considers him a special player who has the size, strength and work ethic to contribute to the Greyhound offense.
- Jordan Wade (OL, 6-3. 315, Houston, Texas/Cy-Ridge HS) was a team captain as a senior and was one of the most consistent blockers in District 17-5A. The Greyhound staff sees him as a big, powerful player, that moves very well on his feet.
- Michael Cowden (DT, 6-2, 335, Aztec, N.M./Aztec HS) was chosen first team all-state on both the offensive and defensive lines. He also was chosen to play in the AAAA/AAAAA All-Star game.
- Ricky Dickson (DL, 6-5, 280, Park Forest, Ill./Rich East HS) will bring versatility to the offensive line and has experience playing baseball, basketball and wrestling. He was a three-year starter on the varsity squad and an honorable mention all-conference choice. Dickson was part of a team, which won the conference title in his sophomore season.
- Jeremy Doucette (LB, 6-1, 235, Breaux Bridge, La./Cecilia HS) was a three-time all-district selection at linebacker and garnered first team honors as a senior. In 2011, he also earned honorable mention all-district at fullback, for Cecilia High School.
- John Garcia (DB, 5-10, 180, Albuquerque, N.M./St. Pius X HS) was a versatile athlete for St. Pius X High School, earning first team all-district over his final two seasons, at defensive back and wide receiver. For his efforts, Garcia also made second team all-metro in 2010 and 2011.
- Marcos Hinojos (DL, 6-1, 275, Plainview, Texas/Plainview HS) was a three-time, first team all-district selection and a two-time All-South Plains honoree. Hinojos was a disruptive force on the defensive line at Plainview High School, who always displayed a non-stop motor, in addition to excelling in the classroom.
- Landon Lock (LB/FB, 5-11, 215, Gonzales, Texas/Gonzales HS) made 157 tackles as a senior at GHS and was named to the Associated Press and TSWA 3A All-State teams. The performance followed a 151-tackle junior campaign, which saw him named to First Team All-State on the AP and TSWA teams. As a sophomore, he was chosen as the All-Texomaland Defensive Newcomer of the Year and All-District Defensive Newcomer of the Year.
- Willie Riley (S, 5-11, 175, Amarillo, Texas/Palo Duro HS) is a talented player who did it all for PDHS, in nearby Amarillo, Texas. He has the type of athleticism and versatility that would lend itself to nearly any skill position. While at Palo Duro, Riley excelled at quarterback, running back, wide receiver and defensive back. He also was a two-time all-district selection at safety.
- Daniel Pena (DL, 6-3, 245, El Paso, Texas/ El Paso-Austin HS) was a two-time, first team all-district selection at El Paso-Austin High School. He also was an El Paso All-Star game participant.