Freedom New Mexico
ENMU (13-8, 6-6 Lone Star Conference)
at Angelo State (9-13, 2-10)
• When: 6:30 p.m. (MST) today at San Angelo, Texas.
• Radio: KSEL-FM 105.9.
• Last time out: The Greyhounds have been idle since beating Incarnate Word 75-57 on Jan. 28, completing a 3-0 homestand. The Rams are coming off a 62-61 loss at Midwestern State on Saturday.
• Last meeting: The Hounds beat Angelo State 71-62 on Dec. 15 at Clovis High’s Rock Staubus Gym.
• Of note: With six games left, ENMU appears to be in good shape to make the conference tournament at the end of the month, which includes the top eight of 10 teams. The Hounds are sixth, two games ahead of Texas A&M-Kingsville (5-9 LSC), while ASU, Abilene Christian and Texas A&M-Commerce all have two wins. … The Rams hold a 33-31 series lead all-time over ENMU. … Angelo is 7-3 this season at home, while ENMU is 1-6 on the road. … Leading scorers for ASU are 6-foot-4 junior G Keenan Coleman (15.4 ppg), 6-2 junior G Jarae King-Gilchrist (11.7) and 6-4 senior G/F Hanif Nixon-Hughes (10.9). … The Rams are second-to-last in the LSC in scoring (66.0 ppg) and last in FG shooting (41 percent).
ENMU (7-13, 5-9 Lone Star Conference)
at Angelo State (11-9, 9-5)
• When: 4:30 p.m. (MST) today at San Angelo, Texas.
• Radio: KSEL-AM 1450.
• Last time out: The Zias finished off a 3-1 homestand with a 62-59 win over Texas Woman’s last Wednesday. ASU dropped an 83-70 decision at Midwestern State on Saturday.
• Last meeting: The Rambelles beat the Zias 46-31 at Clovis on Dec. 15.
• Of note: The Zias are tied for seventh with Texas Woman’s in the 11-team LSC, one game ahead of Texas A&M-Kingsville and two up on Abilene Christian in their bid to make the conference tournament. … ASU, third in the LSC scoring defense (59.3 ppg), gave up a season high at Midwestern State. … The Rambelles are 7-1 at home, including 6-0 in LSC play. … Leading scorers for Angelo are 6-1 senior C Paige Weishuhn (12.2 ppg) and 5-11 freshman F Haylee Oliver (11.1). Weishuhn needs 29 points to become the 17th player in program history to reach 1,000 for a career. … ASU leads the all-time series with the Zias 35-21.
— Compiled by Dave Wagner