Hobbs (20-7) at Clovis (19-6)
• When: 8 p.m. today at The Rock in the District 4-5A tournament championship
• Radio: KCLV-AM 1240, KTQM-FM 99.9
• Last time out: The Eagles advanced to the tourney final with a 78-69 win over Carlsbad at home on Thursday. CHS beat Hobbs 68-59 on Feb. 22 at home in the regular-season finale for both.
• Season series: Clovis swept the Eagles, winning the first meeting in Hobbs 61-59 on Feb. 8.
• Of note: Senior F Drew Cole and senior G Kamal Cass led four players in double figures for the Wildcats last week against Hobbs, each scoring 15 points. Senior G Dane Pannell paced three Eagles in double digits with 19. … Hobbs is ranked fourth in Class 5A this week by Maxpreps, while the Wildcats are No. 6. … Against common opponents, the Eagles have gone 7-2 this season, Clovis 6-2. … The Cats have held Hobbs to their co-third-lowest point totals of the season. The Eagles, averaging 83.4 ppg, have gone over 100 points five times, finished between 90 and 99 five times and have five more games in the 80s.
Hobbs (23-5) at Clovis (25-2)
• When: 5 p.m. today at The Rock in the District 4-5A tournament championship
• Radio: KCLV-FM 99.1
• Last time out: Hobbs, ranked second in Class 5A, cruised past Carlsbad 52-18 at home on Thursday to advance. Top-ranked CHS beat the Lady Eagles 52-40 on Tuesday at Roswell High to earn the tournament's top seed.
• Season series: Tied 2-2. The Lady Eagles beat CHS 50-44 in the semifinals of the Mel Otero Invite at Rio Rancho in mid-December before forcing the seeding game with a 53-43 win on Feb. 22 at Hobbs. The Lady Cats also own a 45-25 win over Hobbs at The Rock on Feb. 8.
Of note: The Lady Eagles have two wins against both Clovis and third-ranked Mayfield this season, going a combined 4-3 and handing both their only losses. Hobbs' only other setbacks were on back-to-back nights in Albuquerque (Feb. 1-2), to Class 5A No. 6 Eldorado (52-46) and Class 3A No. 1 Hope Christian (69-66). … Hobbs is 9-1 and Clovis 8-0 against common opponents. … Sophomore G Danni Williams leads the Lady Cats, averaging 20 ppg, 2.9 apg and 4.0 spg. Junior F Danielle Patterson averages 16.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg and 2.7 spg for the Lady Eagles.
• Prices: The gym will be cleared between games. All tickets for each game are $5.
— Compiled by Dave Wagner