Roosevelt County Commission
The following took place at the Roosevelt County Commission meeting Tuesday morning in the Commission Room of the Roosevelt County Courthouse:
- Roosevelt County Detention Center Administrator David Casanova gave a report.
Casanova said 88 male inmates and 15 female inmates at the detention center. He also reported seven open positions at the detention center.
- The commission approved Indigent claims for the county in the amount of $115,000.
- The commission rejected a bid for purchase of a $25,950 telescopic forklift because it did not meet the criteria needed to purchase the equipment.
- The commission approved Roosevelt County to serve as the fiscal agent for the Community Services Center 2014 capital outlay request.
- The commission approved a grant application for 17 automated external defibrillators for each of the sheriff's office units.
- The commission approved a contract between Roosevelt County and First American Financial Advisors. The contract says payment to First American Financial Advisors for its services is not to exceed $30,000.
- The commission approved the renewal of an agreement between Roosevelt County and Quality Janitorial for janitorial services for the Public Health Office at the rate of approximately $2,200 a month.
— Compiled by PNT senior writer Christina Calloway