The following took place at the Roosevelt County Commission meeting Tuesday morning in the Commission Room of the Roosevelt County Courthouse:
- Roosevelt General Hospital will be required to refund $536,343 to the federal government. The refund comes after a recalculation of payouts by the Center for Medicare of Medicaid Services (CMS) that showed the state in all was overpaid by over $13.5 million.
- The county treasurer said 114 letters were sent out by the county treasurer to residents delinquent on 2010 property taxes.
- According to the Roosevelt County Sheriff’s office, another suspect connected to a Portales drug trafficking ring was arrested Monday on a warrant by the Roosevelt County Sheriff’s Department. Two suspects remain at large, according to the sheriff’s office.
- Roosevelt County Detention Center is currently housing 104 inmates including 85 males and 19 females, according to the jail’s Director David Casanova.
- A contract renewal between Roosevelt County and L.N. Curtis & Sons for protective firefighting gear was approved.
- A contract renewal between Roosevelt County and Mike Miller as lobbyist for Roosevelt County was approved.
- An audit contract between Roosevelt County and Ronny Fouts, CPA was passed.
- A service agreement between Roosevelt County and Point and Pay was passed. Point and Pay will allow residents to make tax payments online.
— Compiled by PNT Staff Writer Eric Norwood Jr.