Lesser prairie chicken commission meeting
Curry and Roosevelt County Commissioners, along with U.S. Fish Wildlife Services officials and official from other regional counties are gathering for a special meeting to discuss the lesser prairie chicken at 9 a.m. on Thursday at the Eastern New Mexico University ballroom. Agenda items include:
- A welcome from Roosevelt County commissioner Kendall Buzard.
- An update on the listing process of the lesser prairie chicken by Benjamin N. Tuggle, southwest regional director of USFWS.
- Update on conservation plans in New Mexico.
- A session for questions and comments.
Eastern Plains Council of Governments
The Eastern Plains Council of Governments meets 10 a.m. Wednesday at 418 Main Street to discuss the following:
- Executive Director Sandy Chancey will give a report to include Ute Water Commission, NeMARC, EDA, transportation, and property management.
- Financial reports will be discussed as well as the 2012 audit.
- Discussion of the accounting services project.
— Staff reports