The following took place at the Roosevelt County Commission meeting Tuesday morning in the Commission Room of the Roosevelt County Courthouse:
- County Assessor Kenner Carrasco reported that there are five to seven apartment complexes in Portales that are tax-exempt but shouldn’t be. He reported that they are in the process of getting those properties to non-exempt status.
- Roosevelt County Detention Center Administrator David Casanova reported 105 inmates in Roosevelt county jail, including 82 males and 23 females.
- The commission awarded a bid for inmate health care services to Correctional Healthcare Companies. County Manager Charlene Webb will continue to negotiate a price with them.
- The commission approved Agency Service Agreement between PayGOV.US LLC and Roosevelt County for payment processing in clerk’s office.
- The commission approved out-of-state travel for taser instructor training-recertification for Javier Sanchez.
- The commission approved a commissary agreement between Roosevelt County and Trinity Services I LLC, for Detention Center.
- The commission approved an agreement for employment of misdemeanor probation monitoring officer between Roosevelt County and Tamara Peel, magistrate probation officer.
— Compiled by PNT Staff Writer Eric Norwood Jr.