The following took place at Tuesday’s Roosevelt County Commission meeting in the Commission Room of the Roosevelt County Courthouse:
- Jon Koehn of Infinity Wind Power presented a project overview of the Roosevelt Wind Ranch.
The facility is projected to be on a 131,000-acre plot between Elida and Dora that contains land from 66 landowners. The facility will supply up to 250 megawatts and hour of power to Xcel Enegery. The project will create between 150 to 200 construction jobs for Roosevelt County.
- Detention Center Administrator David Casanova reported 103 inmates in custody, including 25 from Eddy County There are 85 males and 18 females are housed. There are two juveniles in custody, one in Quay County and one in Curry County.
- Approved the final plat for the Herrera Subdivision.
- Approved a contract for library services for the fiscal year of 2014 between New Mexico State Library and Roosevelt County.
- Approved dissolution of joint powers agreement between Eastern New Mexico Rural Water Authority, by and between the communities of Portales, Clovis, Texico, Melrose, Elida and Grady. The authority has not met since 2011, when it was functionally replaced by the Eastern New Mexico Water Utility Authority.
- Approved Roosevelt County DWI 2014 project agreement between the New Mexico Department of Transportation, Traffic Safety Division and Roosevelt County.
- Agreed to meet Tuesday to review North Roosevelt Road A, in regards to possible action of either maintenance or closure.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Eric Norwood Jr.