The following took place at the Roosevelt County Commission meeting Tuesday morning in the Commission Room of the Roosevelt County Courthouse:
- Roosevelt County Detention Administrator David Casanova reported there were 107 inmates in Roosevelt County jail, including 93 males and 14 females.
- The commission approved a motion to donate $500 to Roosevelt County state fair queen contestant Krista Avritt to help cover expenses when she goes to the state fair in Albuquerque.
- The commission approved a request to issue Industrial Revenue Bonds for Roosevelt Wind Ranch, which would supply 250 megawatts-hours to Xcel Enegery. The project, which would be located between Dora and Elida, will create between 150 to 200 construction jobs for Roosevelt County.
- The commission approved a motion to retain Paisley Business Law, P.C., as counsel in connection with Issuance of Industrial Revenue Bonds.
- The commission tabled a plan to provide additional perimeter security for the Roosevelt County Detention Center.
- The commission approved a letter to Dr. Benjamin Tuggle regarding the proposed listing of the Lesser Prarie Chicken.
- The commission approved a sales agreement with Wagner for the lease of four Caterpillar model 12M2 blades. It will be a five-year lease with monthly payments of around $1,650 a month.
- The commission approved an agreement between the Department of Finance and Administration, State of New Mexico, and the County of Roosevelt for Capital Appropriation Project to install a cooling system in at the Events Arena.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Eric Norwood Jr.