Roosevelt General Hospital is hosting its third annual Roosevelt County Health Fair on from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, according to an RGH press release.
• A variety of free screenings will be offered on site including blood pressure, blood sugar, vision screenings, BMI calculations, and pain assessments.
• Free flu shots will be available to the first 250 adults presenting for the vaccination.
• Healthy stations will be set up to provide more information. Stations include digital imaging featuring MRI, CT, X-ray, and digital mammography; rehabs services for physical therapy, and cardiopulmonary services to include lung capacity tests and the Biggest Blowhard Competition.
• The Pharmacy Department’s station will focus on medication counseling for drug to drug interactions, drug and food interactions and also feature an interactive aspect with children and parents guessing medication or candy?
• Other health care partners on site will be TriState CareFlight, Portales Fire Department and EMS, the Roosevelt County Sheriff’s Office, and Eastern New Mexico University speech pathology.
• The Portales Fire Department will partner with the RGH Trauma Team to provide a free bicycle helmet fitting. They will be giving away more than 100 new bike helmets and safety pads on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Roosevelt County Sheriff’s Office will also partner with the RGH Trauma Team to provide a car seat clinic. Deputies will distribute free Child F.I.N.D. Kits to parents and guardians. The F.I.N.D. Kit is a child identification kit that is easy to use, compact yet designed to assist in the recovery of a missing child.
• Adults can go to RGH and have their blood drawn anytime day or night today or between 7-9:30 am on Saturday and pick up their results at the health fair. This blood panel is valued at more than $1,200; the cost is $35 and fasting is recommended for the most accurate results.
For more information, visit www.myrgh.org or call 359-1800.