The Clovis Public Health Office will be hosting free flu shot clinics next week, according to a New Mexico Department of Health press release.
Clinics will be held Oct. 25 from 8 a.m.-10 a.m. at the Melrose Senior Center and Oct. 26 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the North Plains Mall in Clovis.
According to the release, the following groups are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
• Children 6 months through 4 years of age
• Pregnant women (any trimester)
• People age 50 and older
• People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
• People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
• People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
• American Indians and Alaskan Natives
• People who are morbidly obese
• Healthcare and early childhood personnel
The immunization clinics are open to the public.
Information: 763-5583, option 4