Roosevelt County will receive nearly $5,000 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county, according to a press release from the Portales Community Services Center.
A local board will determine how the money will be distributed. Local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
• Be eligible to receive federal funds.
• Have an accounting system.
• Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs.
• Practice non-discrimination.
• Have a voluntary board if they are a private voluntary organization.
• Be private, voluntary non-profits or units of government.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. Friday.
Contact Pamela O’Malley at the Community Services Center, 356-8576.