Area road construction and closure information for this week:
• Traffic flow is greatly reduced due to construction work on eastbound Second Street near Main Avenue. Expect driving lanes to move slowly and have intermittent delays due to the temporary stoppage of traffic. This will continue through this week.
Anyone with questions or comments regarding this project may contact Richard Gonzales, project manager for the New Mexico Department of Transportation, at 356-0047 or John Guldemann, project manager for Constructors, Inc. at 356-9096.
• Llano Estacado Boulevard is closed between Norris Street and Humphrey Road. Improvements include resurfacing Llano Estacado Boulevard between Norris Street and Humphrey Road and the addition of acceleration and deceleration lanes for the new Raintree Apartments. Work is being conducted by K. Barnett & Sons and will last approximately four weeks. Residences impacted by this work may be accessed via Humphrey Road.
For questions regarding this matter, please contact Mr. Justin Howalt at (575) 769-2376.
• Martin Luther King s closed from 21st Street to Llano Estacado for sewer improvements. For questions contact Justin Howalt, City Engineer, at 575-769-2376 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Signal Energy is working on Curry Road 34 just west of N.M. 209 to Curry Road Q. Be aware of the congestion, workers and heavy equipment in that area.
• Curry County Road Department will be installing culverts at the intersection of Curry Road 10 and Curry Road C, when workers are present try to seek an alternate route.
• Curry County Road Department is still shredding bar ditches and pot hole patching around the County. Observe all posted speed limits and use extreme caution around areas workers are present.