The following took place at Tuesday’s Roosevelt County Commission meeting:
• Approval of submitting the application for the public revolving fund building to the New Mexico Finance Authority in regards to the construction of the Magistrate Court building. The application is for financial assistance.
• Approval of the Milnesand Volunteer Fire Department’s annual report for the Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico.
• Roosevelt County Detention Center Administrator David Casanova reported 108 inmates in RCDC, including 35 from Chaves and one from Curry County. There are also three juveniles being detained in Curry County.
• Approval of renewing the contract between the American Stewards of Liberty, which assist Roosevelt County in dealing with Federal and State agencies regarding issues involving endangered species, mainly the Lesser Prairie Chicken.
• Approval of an agreement between Roosevelt County and Colfax County to hold detainees from Colfax county at the Roosevelt County Detention Center. Colfax County’s detention center has 51 beds and is dealing with over population.
• Approval to increase Arch County Fire EMS fund for fiscal year 2013-2014 so it can replace a non-functional gurney in its ambulance.
— by PNT staff writer Lillian Bowe