The following items will be on the agenda for the Portales City Council meeting at 7 p.m. today in the Council Chambers at city hall:
• Update on U.S. 70 highway improvements.
• Ratification of Finance Department’s actions regarding bills for July 2012.
• Ratification of mayor’s execution of a memorandum of agreement with the New Mexico Department of Transportation for Fiscal Year 2013-5311 funding of the Portales Area Transit program.
• Discussion/action on hiring a lobbyist for the city of Portales.
• Notice of intent to adopt an ordinance amending, deleting and replacing parts and sections of Article VIII on Lodger’s Tax.
• Resolution authorizing the mayor to execute agreement with the New Mexico Department of Environment for Capital Appropriation Project for water system improvements.
• Resolution amending and superseding resolution setting City of Portales Utility Administrative Policies.
• Industrial waste discharge permit.
• Other business/citizens to be heard.