Freedom New Mexico The Department of Music at Eastern New Mexico University in Portales will present the operetta Die Fledermaus in the Campus Union Ballroom with a dinner this weekend. The performance is directed by Jeannie Ornellas, ENMU music professor. The cast features new assistant professor of voice Jason Vest as the rejected suitor Alfred, […]
The annual turkey scramble took place. Twenty turkeys were caught after a number had been let loose among 1,500 people hoping to catch a Christmas dinner dish. Twelve guineas were also let loose, and all were captured. A shortage of turkeys had left the scramble scant compared to
By Celena Cordova: PNT staff writer Six years ago, several members of the community and churches decided to join together to form the Portales Community Outreach. This year, the outreach will be hosting its sixth annual free community Thanksgiving dinner at the Memorial Building. The dinner began when Veda Urioste, Elvia Garcia and Joe Parie […]
Thursday Community Thanksgiving Dinner — 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Memorial Building, corner of Seventh Street and Abilene Avenue. All are welcome. Free. Saturday Christmas Toy Drive — 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Wal-Mart. Accepting donations of new, unwrapped toys for Mayor’s Christmas Toy Drive: Operation Santa Cop. The events calendar is a daily listing that contains meeting and […]
Turkey dinner runs today The Elida United Methodist Church is holding its annual turkey dinner from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. today in the Elida school cafeteria. Cost is $7 for adults, $4 for children 12 and younger. Information: 575-274-6356. Silent auction ongoing Portales senior volunteer programs will hold their annual silent auction Tuesday through Nov. 18 […]
By Sharna Johnson, Freedom New Mexico Couples danced at a local senior citizens center. Other residents were working, driving through town, eating dinner, bowling, just relaxing. Under cover of darkness, it approached from the south. Some heard the sirens, some saw the warnings, some didn’t. But what no one knew was that Clovis was about […]
Art donations, volunteers needed The Lighthouse Mission in Clovis is seeking donations from area residents of art prints, paintings, sculptures, antiques, homemade quilts and other artistic pieces, especially artwork created by local artists, for a silent art auction fundraiser to benefit the rescue mission’s ministry. Art donations should be taken to the Lighthouse Mission by […]
Freedom New Mexico Eastern New Mexico University’s Department of Theatre and Dance will be having a Spaghetti Dinner from 5pm to 7:30pm. today at the Wesley Foundation South Avenue K and 14th Lane in Portales. Tickets are pre-sold and also available at the door. Price is $7 a ticket. All proceeds go to theatre students […]
Brisket dinner fundraiser today Colleen Tollett, sponsor, and the members of the Dora Chapter of Business Professionals of America, are serving a brisket dinner in the Dora School cafeteria from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. The meal will be offered for a donation to BPA. Proceeds will be used for travel expenses to BPA […]
• The Elida Odd Fellows entertained members and guests with a quail dinner in the hall. • McGuffin’s was advertising hand made boots. • Eastern New Mexico College was hosting University of New Mexico in a basketball game at the Portales Junior High. The game was set to follow a Portales High Lovington tilt.
By Karl Terry: PNT Managing Editor When I awoke Thanksgiving morning it was snowing steadily and a good skiff was on the ground and clinging to the boughs of the pine trees. Truly a glorious sight. I knew when I went to bed the forecast was still calling for snow but that wasn’t what caused […]
By Casey Peacock: PNT Staff Writer Forty years of tradition will be celebrated Saturday evening during the annual POPS Dinner Concert presented by University Friends of Music. For Portales resident Jan Smartnick, attending the event has been a tradition since she moved back to the area in 1974. In the last 33 years, Smartnick has […]
Senior Meal Site Community Services Center 1100 Community Way Serving lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday Monday: Closed for Veterans Day Tuesday: Salmon patty, baked potato and margarine, hominy, spinach, wheat bread and chocolate pie. Wednesday: Chicken and rice, broccoli, peas and carrots, potluck roll and margarine, oatmeal cookie. Thursday: Turkey dinner […]
Library Friends to meet A representative from the marketing department at Cannon Air Force Base will present the program at the regular meeting of the Friends of the Portales Public Library at 12 noon Thursday in the meeting room at the library, 218 South Avenue B. The program will cover the new mission at Cannon, […]
Bovina Church holds dinner St. Ann’s Catholic Church of Bovina is having its annual turkey dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CST) Sunday in St. Ann’s Parish Hall on Third Street. Donations are $7 for adults and $4 for children under 6. Take-out plates are available at no extra charge. St. Ann’s Society will […]
• Adrianna Acosta was selected as the winner of the 11th annual “Cutest Baby” contest. • For $34.95, a customer could purchase a complete Thanksgiving dinner from IGA. • Ransom, Larger Than Life, and D3 The Mighty Ducks, were playing at the Tower Twin.
• The Dora Lady Coyotes won the District 6A volleyball title over the Texico Wolverines. • Dairy Queen advertised a four piece steak dinner basket for $1.99 and a four piece chicken fillet dinner for $2.99. • Teague-Strebeck advertised 31 1993 Ford Tempos for $179 down and $179 per month.
Turkey dinner set for Nov. 4 The Elida United Methodist Women’s annual turkey dinner will be held from 11:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 4 in the Elida High School cafeteria. The menu includes turkey, stuffing, potatoes with gravy, cranberry sauce, green beans, rolls, pumpkin pie and beverage. Take-outs are available. Cost is $6 for […]
• St. Helens Church hosted their annual Spanish Dinner. The dinner featured Spanish style food, home cooked by members of the church. Prices were $1.50 for adults and $1.00 for children. • Tom Bolack, former governor of New Mexico, was in Roosevelt County visiting towns and party stalwarts, in support of the state GOP slate. • A […]
• Retiring Eastern New Mexico president Dr. Robert Matheny was honored for his support of the Fine Arts during the annual POPS Dinner Concert held in the Campus Union Building. • For the third consecutive year, the Eastern New Mexico University Women’s rodeo team won the team title during there annual rodeo held at the […]