Fire destroys mobile home

Freedom New Mexico A fire caused heavy damage to a double-wide mobile home in Roosevelt County on Sunday night. Portales Fire Department Fire Investigator Mike Inge said the fire started around the central gas heater, but the reason hadn’t been determined. Firefighters finished putting out hot spots such as smoldering insulation around noon Monday, he […]

Heating safety hot topic

By Ashley Lee: PNT Staff Writer According to the National Weather Service this winter is likely to be warmer than the 30-year norm but cooler than last winter. The national weather service anticipates that El Nino should bring a wetter winter as well. So with a cooler winter predicted, is your heater up to snuff? […]